[Babel-users] unicast IHU patch works... but

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 04:41:27 UTC 2016

tested against stock daemons running 1.7.1, 1.6, and all patches to
1.8pre to date on an admittedly too complex network, over ethernet,
usbnet, and wifi in ap/sta mode. (not adhoc yet)

I have not entirely got around to testing the main circumstances
(blocked on other factors) I wanted to look at again (powersave,
asymmetric failover)... and still groping to explain the possibly
interrelated weird behaviors I've been seeing all month...

I am sitting here (and NOT running my attempt at an atomic route
change - just the IHU wire change)

after several ifconfig usb0 up and down events, watching ipv6 failover
to the usbnet device generate errors like this (while ipv4 works
correctly)

kernel_route(ADD): Invalid argument
kernel_route(ADD): Invalid argument
kernel_route(MODIFY): Invalid argument
kernel_route(ADD): Invalid argument
kernel_route(ADD): Invalid argument
kernel_route(MODIFY): Invalid argument
kernel_route(ADD): Invalid argument
kernel_route(ADD): Invalid argument
kernel_route(ADD): Invalid argument

So I think we have a bug in ipv6 routing on kernel 4.3.0 in the
getchip, at least.

All these should have been installed by "babel".

fd99::13 via fe80::100d:7fff:fe64:c990 dev wlan0  proto static  metric 1024
fd99::14 via fe80::100d:7fff:fe64:c990 dev wlan0  proto static  metric 1024
fd99::23 via fe80::7ec7:9ff:fede:2bb5 dev wlan0  proto babel  metric 1024

I will add a check to see if we are *always* using the right proto, and
(now that I learned how) start monitoring netlink messages a bit better.

--
Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org