[Babel-users] Debugging unreachable routes - IPv6 as next hop?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 17:05:30 UTC 2017

I have been chasing a similar set of bugs for months now.  Routes
would be unreachable for no reason I could see, updates to the kernel
would fail[1].

How big is the total route table?

Does it stay unreachable?

Can you try reverting to babeld-1.7.1 for lede?

I finally got heads down on it last week and I have a slew of
debugging patches that I need to clean up for 1.8... and then I need
to do a build for lede - but I haven't got around to it yet. Nor have
I tried 1.7.x - I was trying to debug something elsewhere....

In particular I found that network manager was stomping on babel in my
network. My test case is unfortunately not as simple as yours. But I
was originally seeing some sort of interaction with odhcpd also.

[1] Lastly there was a major bug in the wifi ATF fairness code for
ath9k stomped last week, which could scribble on memory just about
anywhere, and some fixes for odhcpd, and ubus landed also.