[Babel-users] Debugging unreachable routes - IPv6 as next hop?

yanosz babel at yanosz.net
Sun Feb 19 19:20:07 UTC 2017

Hei,

thanks for your response. Comments are inline.

Am 02/19/2017 um 06:05 PM schrieb Dave Taht:
> I have been chasing a similar set of bugs for months now.  Routes
> would be unreachable for no reason I could see, updates to the kernel
> would fail[1].
>
> How big is the total route table?

small: $ ip route show table all | wc -l
91

Yes, for hours

> Can you try reverting to babeld-1.7.1 for lede?

Yes - still unreachable :-/

> I finally got heads down on it last week and I have a slew of
> debugging patches that I need to clean up for 1.8... and then I need
> to do a build for lede - but I haven't got around to it yet. Nor have
> I tried 1.7.x - I was trying to debug something elsewhere....

Hmm I fear, that this may be due to policy routing, .... - but I'm not
convinced. What does unreachable actually mean in this context?

> In particular I found that network manager was stomping on babel in my
> network. My test case is unfortunately not as simple as yours. But I
> was originally seeing some sort of interaction with odhcpd also.

Hmm... I don't thank that network manager is causing trouble here.
There're just two routers on that ad-hoc link (OpenWRT, LEDE)

> [1] Lastly there was a major bug in the wifi ATF fairness code for
> ath9k stomped last week, which could scribble on memory just about
> anywhere, and some fixes for odhcpd, and ubus landed also.

Sound's nasty. Thanks for taking care of it.

Greetz, yanosz

--
For those of you without hope, we have rooms with color TV,
cable and air conditioning