[Bash-completion-devel] some small patches

Ildar Mulyukov ildar at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 2 03:58:11 UTC 2010

	Hi, Ville!

On 02.02.2010 02:14:48, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Monday 01 February 2010, you wrote:

> A list copy of bash-completion-devel mails is fine for me, no need
> for a
> personal copy, thanks :).  (I don't know if you're subscribed, so I'm
> replying
> directly to you.)

Sorry for that.

> > Would you please review 2 small patches and possibly pull them into
> the
> > upstream?
> > Those are top two commits there:
>> http://git.altlinux.org/people/ildar/packages/?p=bash-completion.git;a=shor
>> tlog;h=refs/heads/upstream
>
> The ltx patch looks fine, but I think the --help-all one could be
> improved
> somewhat:
>
> I suppose this:
>     if echo "$result" | grep -q -- --help-all; then
> ...could be replaced with something simpler, such as:
>     if [[ $result == *--help-all* ]]; then

Oh! yes. I've seen that way before. Though I am still not familiar with
all bashisms exist. I will learn.

> ...and perhaps it should be further tweaked to avoid false positives,
> let's
> say if a program has a --help-all-foo option but no --help-all.

I haven't seen such in my life.

> Also, I'd be happier with the "grep | tr | awk | sed" command would
> be some
> way written only once and not copy-pasted to the --help-all branch,
> that'd
> make it clearer what's going on and more maintainable.

I'll try.

Thank you for mentoring. That was very useful.
Best regards,
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar at users.sourceforge.net
home: http://tuganger.narod.ru/
ALT Linux Sisyphus