Diminishing the load on specific bugtrackers

Pierre Habouzit madcoder at madism.org
Mon Jun 8 12:59:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 02:26:06PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm not exactly sure how exactly to improve bts-link WRT the load it
> creates on the bugtrackers, as I haven't checked the code again, but I
> think maybe it would be interesting to add an (optional) configuration
> option for each specific bugtracker defined in the conf file so that
> some sleep times could be specified in the case some of them would
> complain or blacklist.

There is a proper way, it is to make bts-link a real daemon, and to
schedule it so that it checks all bugs from the BTS in a given
time-frame (for example a couple of days). scheduling fetches on longer
runs.

It needs a full reeingeenering.

The advantage would be that maintainer could add resync of specific bugs
through a webpage e.g. if they know a specific bug changed.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                madcoder at debian.org