Roundup Issue Tracker - we need to add this

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Fri Jun 19 17:29:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 16:22, Sandro Tosi<morph at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> while triaging some of the unmatched forwaded url, I see that some
> important project are using roundup[1], like gnupg[2] and python[3]
>
> [1] http://roundup.sourceforge.net/index.html
> [2] https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/
> [3] http://bugs.python.org/
>
> I think it worths work for adding it, and i'll do but if someone else
> would volunteer to do, he'll be welcome :)

I just added ROundup support to bts-link.

It was not easy at all: what is a strencth of r.u. turns out to be a
complex solution in bts-link. r.u. allows to customize it completely,
and even changing the statuses name (so 'done', for example, can be
renamed into 'we-are-grate-and-we-fixed-it').

After a very interesting discussion with upstream they suggested me to
use the export_csv action (enabled in every r.u. instance) to retrieve
status (alwasy present) and resolution (this field can be completely
missing) for the current issue, then parse 2 special pages to retrieve
the status/resolution code that match the IDes returned from the first
query.

I hope I made it clear how it goes :) I tried to add a complete
documentation of the process in the roundup.py file itself.
Improvements to it and to the code are very welcome.

Upstream told me also there is the possibility to make XMLRPC calls,
but that's only from 1.4.8 on (released on March 2009). I got an
example code, so I think we will be able to add that later (as another
class).

Questions? :)

Cheers,