[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot unionfs support

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sat Mar 21 23:52:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:50:40AM +0100, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:

> This is a cleanup patch (interdiff) fto my previous one, which finalizes
> the chroot container validation and removes the check "API", which isn't
> used anyway, and stat'ing the container is enought validation to limit the
> schroot -l list.

Many thanks for both this and the last patch.  However, I'm afraid
I'm having a little trouble with them due to the way in which they
were structured.

Both are quite large sets of changes, and the first was a collection
of both patches and new files, which made applying and reviewing them
difficult.  They were also in context(?) diff format rather than
unified, which makes reading rather more effort.

I'm normally quite fast at pushing things in if I can read
through the diff and be sure I've reviewed it correctly, but
the full patch is just under 200KiB of changes, which is very
impressive but a lot of work to understand in order to properly
review it.

Ideally, I would prefer to be able to deal with patches containing
discrete changes rather than lots of changes in a single huge patch.

I have applied both sets of changes to the fs-union branch of
  git://git.debian.org/users/rleigh/schroot.git

However, I can't merge these two huge changes into the master
branch without splitting them up into their constituent small
changes so that they can be applied incrementally as well as
being throughly reviewed.

I have attached the git diff of this merge.

By the way, if you are not already aware of it, the schroot git
repository is publicly available at
  git://git.debian.org/buildd-tools/schroot.git

Seing the amount of work you have done on schroot, you might
find it easier to work with the git repo.  If you're committing
lots of changes, it's easy to generate patch series and keep
the changes up-to-date with respect to the master branch.

Now I have the large diff, I will start to go through it and
apply the easily mergable bits first.  But, I won't have time to
look at it now until late next week (it took several hours today
to get to this point).  If anyone is keen on pushing this
merge into the mainline and wants to split it up, I'll be happy
to integrate the patches.

Regards,
Roger

--