[buildd-tools-devel] the state of daily-builds

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Tue Apr 6 18:12:28 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 06 April 2010, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand this correctly. But i think it would be
> very helpfull to debug problems if the build log of failed builds is
> available somewhere and linked from the daily builds webpage.

As an aside, because IIUC the build environment is created from scratch for
each build, the new system is more vulnerable to broken build dependencies
in unstable.

In the past we would just not update the build environment in that
situation, but now it will cause the whole build to fail early and the
build will effectively be skipped.

I expect that because of this we will more frequently have missing builds,
though hopefully only for short periods. But that makes it extra important
not to invalidate the last successful build when making the "meta" logs
available.