[buildd-tools-devel] buildd-0.61.0 + lenny

Philipp Kern pkern at debian.org
Mon Mar 7 21:13:38 UTC 2011

Hi Roger,

so buildd-0.61.0 seems to be in a state which might barely work.  Sadly, for
further testing (and future deployments), I *need* Lenny compatibility.
Currently those two dependencies cause it to be uninstallable on Lenny:

 libsbuild-perl depends on schroot (>= 1.4.12); however:
  Version of schroot on system is 1.2.2-0+lenny1.
 libsbuild-perl depends on libdpkg-perl (>= 1.15.5); however:
  Package libdpkg-perl is not installed.

Workarounds (I wouldn't mind them guarded with --enable-compat) would be
appreciated.  The resulting package should work on both squeeze and lenny but
should only be compiled once for both.  OTOH I don't mind duplication of
dpkg-perl into buildd-0.61.0 if it helps us and if it doesn't clash with
the system implementation.

Thanks
Philipp Kern