[buildd-tools-devel] buildd-0.61.0 + lenny

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Mon Mar 7 21:26:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 10:13:38PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> so buildd-0.61.0 seems to be in a state which might barely work.  Sadly, for
> further testing (and future deployments), I *need* Lenny compatibility.
> Currently those two dependencies cause it to be uninstallable on Lenny:
>
>  libsbuild-perl depends on schroot (>= 1.4.12); however:
>   Version of schroot on system is 1.2.2-0+lenny1.
>  libsbuild-perl depends on libdpkg-perl (>= 1.15.5); however:
>   Package libdpkg-perl is not installed.
>
> Workarounds (I wouldn't mind them guarded with --enable-compat) would be
> appreciated.  The resulting package should work on both squeeze and lenny but
> should only be compiled once for both.  OTOH I don't mind duplication of
> dpkg-perl into buildd-0.61.0 if it helps us and if it doesn't clash with
> the system implementation.

Hi Phil,

I already did this work prior to the squeeze release; it's on the
buildd-merge2 branch.  I can pick the needed patches off that branch
for you, and IIRC they were already guarded with --enable-compat on
that branch.

Which branch would you like them on?  buildd-0.60.1?

I can do this tomorrow if you like.

BTW, the master branch should be buildable again; I've fixed the
path issue you mentioned yesterday.  Both sbuild.conf and buildd.conf
are now pretty much self-documenting on the master branch now (they
both have manpages and generated config files containing all the
details).

Also, just FYI, I'm taking this week off from writing up my PhD thesis.
This means I will have several days I can dedicate to hacking.  If
there are any particular things of importance you would like working
on, I can dedicate some time to them during in the week.

Kind regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh