[buildd-tools-devel] new buildd dependency resolution breaks self depends?

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Tue Mar 29 18:03:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 07:54:59PM +0200, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> The problem is that the buildds currently also see the newer
> > arch all version.  But this version will go away after some
> > time and it will only see the version from unstable.
> >

> If I may ask, for what purpose do the buildds have a special list of
> packages above and beyond those in unstable?

So that in case various packages have to be build in an order,
where the seconds depends on the first being available and so on,
that it doesn't take weeks to get them all build.  We would have
to wait at least a dinstall before the next one could be build,
assuming sometimes has the time to sign the package between
dinstalls.

It basicly just avoids a whole lot of delays.

Kurt