[D-community-discuss] Sugestion for a new mailing list

Andrei Popescu andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:03:33 UTC 2007

Hi all,

A debian-offtopic at lists.d.o list has been requested by me (#425439) and
Martin "Joey" Schulze (#427218), but nothing has happened yet. Maybe the
project could start one and migrate later to lists.d.o if it attracts
sufficient interest.

I think this could also be an opportunity to attract some very valuable
subscribers from debian-user. If you read d-u you might remember the big
discussion around offtopic posts a few months ago. As a result the
offtopic discussions have dropped to almost zero. This is not a bad
thing considering the high volume of d-u, but IMHO it's missing the
community spirit and this is what we are trying to promote, isn't it? ;)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)