[D-community-discuss] Reactivating the project...

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:15:38 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Rafal Czlonka <rafal.czlonka at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've been using postfix for most of the time I've been using GNU/Linux
> but I don't mind trying something else: qmail, courier, exim ... or
> something lighter, you name it.

Postfix is fine. I'm personally using exim, but I think it's more of a
pain to configure, so I don't want to impose.

> What about retrieving: IMAP, POP3, ...?

I think emails should just be aliases redirecting the users email
account (gmail solves this nicely, and I believe most
@random-project.org addresses work that way).

> > It can be an interface, or a very well documented step-by-step
> > document. I don't think we need anything fancy right now, just have
> > the basics in place.
>
> What I meant was, is it supposed to be an interface integrated into
> wiki or www in general? Who is supposed to use it, the admins or the
> users themselves, to add/delete accounts?

I believe only the admins should add/delete accounts, so whatever
method is easiest.

> Just to let you know, I am not a wizard/masta/whatever admin who worked
> with servers of thousands of users, but I've set up a couple of various
> servers in my life, be it a www, mail, file, streaming audio, xmpp ...
> and other server.

Neither am I, so we can work through this together  :D

> BTW, where is it hosted or where is it colocated?

If the beer and whisky we drank while Holger explained it to me
doesn't betray me, I think it's in the University of Liege in Belgium,
but I could be wrong.
I'll try and ping Holger to see if he can give us some insight on this.

Cheers,

Martin