[Dctrl-tools-devel] some thoughts

Jon Bernard jbernard at debian.org
Wed Nov 28 22:51:11 UTC 2007

Hey Antti,

	Just throwing out an idea, after looking at the debian
	directory, I thought it might be easier to use CDBS. I think the
	source tree is pretty straight forward and targets can be
	overridden as necessary. It seems like librules.mk duplicates
	alot of this. I could be wrong, what are you thoughts? I've got
	a preliminary build working with CDBS, I've still got some work
	to get the langs building correctly, but the complexity of
	debian/rules would be reduced substantially.

	Also, I've been working on #264907. I still have a ways to go
	before I'm comfortable with the code, but if you have an
	preconceived ideas about how this should be implemented, send
	them my way.

I think that's all for now, hope things are going well.

Cheers,

--
Jon Bernard