Tag types - reorganizing all tags - task force

Josef Spillner josef@ggzgamingzone.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 10:51:57 +0200

On Monday 05 May 2003 18:44, Erich Schubert wrote:
> Hello,
> for the new package browser we need some task-force which "designes" the
> available tags, their implications and their descriptions / useage
> policies.
> Then we have sometimes a desktop-environment-"membership", currently i'm
> aware of gnome, kde, gnustep/wmaker, xfce

+ opie

> I'm planning to introduce a new kind-of-application tag type, that will
> contain things like:
> - client, server (same as in "net" type. unsure about client - every
>   client should have some editor/viewer/browser tag...)
> What should we use for things like icq,irc,xterm apps?

icq, irc and other such clients could be "chat clients".
But e.g. ggz-{txt/gtk/kde}-client would also need additional tags like "game
related tools", similar to xqf.

I'm also for the inclusion of a "device" tag: device=pc, device=handheld (e.g.
Opie stuff), device=notebook (e.g. klaptopdaemon or pmud).

Josef

--
Play for fun, win for freedom.