Tag types - reorganizing all tags - task force

Erich Schubert erich@debian.org
Tue, 6 May 2003 23:50:19 +0200

> > - client, server (same as in "net" type. unsure about client - every
> >   client should have some editor/viewer/browser tag...)
> > What should we use for things like icq,irc,xterm apps?
>
> icq, irc and other such clients could be "chat clients".

Yeah, but i'd like to keep the "clients" in network, outside of
"application-type" - there are client libraries.

> But e.g. ggz-{txt/gtk/kde}-client would also need additional tags like "game
> related tools", similar to xqf.

Packages can have multiple tags, so this is no problem

> I'm also for the inclusion of a "device" tag: device=pc, device=handheld (e.g.
> Opie stuff), device=notebook (e.g. klaptopdaemon or pmud).

Yes, we do have some "foreignos" category already, including emulators
and handhelds. I'm unsure if opie shouldn't imply such a thing (as well)

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
   erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
          There are only 10 types of people in the world:           //\