Tag types - reorganizing all tags - task force

Enrico Zini enrico@debian.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 15:24:38 +0200

--p7qwJlK53pWzbayA

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:54:54PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> "Categories" is bad imho, because it's not intuitive that a package has
> many categories it does fit in.
> Maybe we should really use the term "aspect". or "characteristics"?

Or keep staying generic and try "stamp" or "mark".

Tag was a name for a generic label attached to the package: a name good
enough until we will get a better understanding of them.

I personally like "aspect", but I wouldn't be able to say why.  I still
think we could stick with a generic "tag" until we gain more insight
about them.

Yours truly,

Enrico

--p7qwJlK53pWzbayA