Tag types - reorganizing all tags - task force

Giles A. Radford me@moof.org.uk
Wed, 7 May 2003 17:18:43 +0200

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 03:24:38PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> I personally like "aspect", but I wouldn't be able to say why.  I still
> think we could stick with a generic "tag" until we gain more insight
> about them.

It's non-intutitve for new users.

"How do I find a photoshop app?"

"use the aspects system"

"What the hell is an aspect?"

It is a nice name, a rather acadmeically correct name, possibly, but
both aspects, and, I suspect, tags, are a little
non-intutitve. there's so much that you can do with the word tag,
after all.

Categories is a bit bland. How about calling the system a Catalogue,
or an Index, and then having entries?

Moof - this is an equivalent of a library catalogue by subject after
all...
--=20
G.A.Radford_        | Moofing at you from Mallorca, Spain
|\/| _  _ |_ me@    | Take a glimpse into the microCosm: =20
|  |(_)(_)| .org.uk |        http://moof.org.uk/=20

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC--