X Utilities

Fri, 30 May 2003 12:57:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Erich Schubert wrote:

> There is a "ui::other-x11" tag, and there is a "utility" tag.
> Probably the package should be assigned "utility", "ui::other-x11" and
> "debian", maybe the "window-manager" tag as well.
> I don't see the need for a tag "x11-utility". What is the difference to
> "utility, x11"? (that is the difference between tags and categories)

The problem for me is that I assumed, that since "Other X11 user interface"
appears under "User interface", "Other X11 user interface" is a tag that
marks that this is some library or programming environment or such
providing a user interface infrastructure.

If one interprets "Other X11 user interface" as has some other user
interface than "GTK, KDE, ..." than it makes more sense. But it's still
shakey, the tool might be programmed with GTK widgets...

Well, I'll tag it "utility, x11" as you suggested.
*t

         Tomas Pospisek
         http://sourcepole.ch
         Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11