[Debburn-devel] Replacement of "cdrecord"

Christian Fromme kaner at strace.org
Sun Sep 24 13:45:54 UTC 2006

On 23.09. 21:14, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> On 9/23/06, Christian Fromme <kaner at strace.org> wrote:
>
> >IIRC people will get commit access after submitting enough reasonable
> >good patches. Handing commit rights out to everybody is a problem,
> >especially on alioth. As you said, at the moment there is noone in
> >desperate need of commit access IMHO, so I don't see a big problem.
>
> Especially on alioth? Why? In any case, that can be fixed.

Please read[0].

> >Albert, I can understand why you are a little bit annoyed because of
> >your patches. I am sure they are already being considered but the
> >discussion with JS is still going on at the moment, so you have to be
> >patient I guess.
>
> I'll assume you mean a private discussion.

Yes, sort of. At the moment it is not clear wether or not the code we
are using is clean GPL or "SchillingGPL". In the latter case applying
your patches can be a problem. IANAL, but this has to be cleared up.

Again, I hope you aren't too annoyed about things and we will be able to
move past this soon.

Best wishes,
Christian

[0]