[Debburn-devel] Improving usage of CDR_NODMATEST?

Wolfram Sang wolfram at the-dreams.de
Mon Sep 24 07:15:04 UTC 2007

> The proposal about special handling for particular
> drives seems to fit well into cdrecords ideas of
> drive driving. (See man page, option driver=)
Well, yeah. When doing small patches, I try to imitate the original
"style" ;)

> system and MMC drive. So 'get_dmaspeed' should rather
> be a special option for experts and not part of normal
> drive operations.
That's perfectly fine with me, too. I have to admit that I did not fully
research yet how important the dma_speed-value really is. I mainly see
that a machine freezing like this is quite bad. Although it is probably
a firmware-issue, it can (and should?) be quite easily handled IMHO.
Mileages do vary, though :)

Bye,

    Wolfram