[Debburn-devel] LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

Thu Jan 28 00:53:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 15:37, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup at gmx.net> wrote:

> I am out of other ideas.

I had another one:

I had to install Windows 7 for testing something and used the
opportunity to install InfraRecorder. Turns out it uses cdrecord in
its original form so this might be off topic on this list. If it is, please
tell me!

In any case, I ran the following tests, in this order:

1) Windows, InfraRecorder, admin rights, haunted drive
2) Windows, InfraRecorder, admin rights, external drive
3) Windows, InfraRecorder, admin rights, diagnostics run
4) Linux, k3b, root, haunted drive
5) Linux, k3b, root, external drive

The output is larger than 70 kiB so paste.debian.net would not eat it.
Thus, you can find it at http://pastebin.ca/1768764 . It is set to never
expire.

The short summary would be that it works under Windows with
cdrecord Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a61 and does
not work under Linux, no matter if I use wodim 9:1.1.10-1 or
cdrecord 20090510-pre9-1.

For testing, I could also build cdrecord from scratch though I
would prolly do that tomorrow.

Thanks for all your efforts,
Richard