[Debburn-devel] LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

surfed god at youhavechoice.com
Thu Jan 28 08:05:01 UTC 2010

Its a HL-DT-ST dvd+-RW GA11N

Other who experience this with the same drive or after updating their
firmware on LG drives:

One post here of interest:
I had a similar problem with the Dell XPS M1340. I had recently updated the
firmware for my DVDRW to the latest version (support for Win 7) , I couldn't
burn anything in Arch (K3B, Nero, CLI), but could in Windows 7 (Nero). I
downgraded it back to vA108 and it works again.

there are more... A common pattern i find is that a lot of these are Dell
laptops.

And i am not saying all LG drives have this issue, not at all, most work
great.