[Debburn-devel] Only 4x burning for DVD+R working on Pioneer DVR-111D device (firmware 1.29 and 1.19 [different drives with different firmware versions])

Damien Sticklen ubiquitous1980 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 12:39:54 UTC 2011

Dear wodim devs,

I am having difficulty obtaining higher speeds than 4x on media which I can
obtain 16x on Windows Vista.  The media I am using are 16x Sony DVD+R.  I
have consulted the wodim manual with no avail.

Versions:

Wodim:

Cdrecord-yelling-line-to-tell-frontends-to-use-it-like-version
2.01.01a03-dvd
Wodim 1.1.11
Copyright (C) 2006 Cdrkit suite contributors
Based on works from Joerg Schilling, Copyright (C) 1995-2006, J. Schilling

uname -a:

Linux myhost 3.0-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 19 12:14:48 UTC 2011 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Glad to follow up with any steps to diagnosis/resolution as this has been a
long-term problem.

Yours Faithfully

Damien