[Debian-astro-maintainers] Uncategorised packages in Debian Astro

Boud Roukema boud-debian at cosmo.torun.pl
Wed Mar 15 20:54:36 UTC 2017

hi all

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I was running a script[1] to verify what packages maintained by Debian
> Astro team are not yet mentioned in the Debian Astro tasks.  Here is the
> result set:

The package mpgrafic generates initial conditions for N-body cosmological simulations:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mpgrafic

but it was too late for the Stretch freeze. Should this be a "recommended" package
in the meta-package astro-simulation? Here it looks absent to me:

https://packages.debian.org/unstable/astro-simulation

Or should this categorisation wait until Stretch is released and the freeze is over?
There's obviously no point causing "astro-simulation" recommendations
to break in Stretch because of mpgrafic being missing there.

Cheers
Boud