[Debian-eeepc-devel] Project administrivia -- roles and project membership

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Feb 21 11:56:27 UTC 2008

When I first started adding people to the Alioth project, the project
was young so there was no need to make distinctions between roles.
Everyone was added as 'senior developer'.  I have just adjusted a few
people's roles to 'junior developer' based not on your level of
contribution nor skill, but merely on need for access to project
resources.  In most cases a 'senior developer' will be a Debian
Developer or at least a Debian Maintainer.  Everyone else is a 'junior
developer' unless you have some other special role.  Currently nobody
is designated 'Doc writer' or 'Support tech'.  Those are roles that we
all take on from time to time anyway (for the former, mostly in the
form of wiki updates and for the latter, mostly in the form of help
provided on irc).

If you think your role is wrong, see me.  If you are contributing
but don't yet belong to the Alioth project, please submit a request to
join at http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-eeepc.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org