[Debian-eeepc-devel] Upgrade of 701 to 2.6.26-8

David L. Johnson david.johnson at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Oct 21 22:41:44 UTC 2008

Kudos to all who have worked on adapting the 2.26 kernels to the eee.
After fixing the few glitches I had in doing the upgrade, the machine is
working better than it ever did before.  Possibly there were things
about it that were actually misconfigured earlier, and the upgrade
exposed those misconfigurations.  Then, fixing them enabled things like
the machine going to sleep if left alone (never did that before),
auto-dimming of the backlight, suspend-on-close, etc.  But it's nice to
have these features available.

--

David L. Johnson

And what if you track down these men and kill them, what if you killed
all of us?  From every corner of Europe, hundreds, thousands would
rise up to take our places.  Even Nazis can't kill that fast.
		-- Paul Henreid (Casablanca).