[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian Squeeze USB installer crashes on my Asus 701 EEE PC.

Glyn Webster glynwebster at orcon.net.nz
Mon Sep 13 21:29:13 UTC 2010

On 13/09/10 03:20, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> yeah, sorry, there are a number of ways to possibly screw this up.  i've
> tested the latest images (they are OK) and here are a few tips ...

Okay, I've done that again. I downloaded daily builds of both files at
the same time to be sure to have a matching set. I umounted the USB
stick when Gnome auto-mounted it. I took out the stick after zcatting
boot.img.gz to it (which I didn't do last time.) Gnome mounted it again,
so I used that to copy the image onto it. The result looks right when it
is mounted, but has the same sort of problem when I boot from it. Rows
of little black dots at the top of the screen this time.

Does the USB stick have to special in any way? A fresh one from the shop
with FAT32 still on it?

P.S. Sorry that I overlooked your message yesterday.

--Glyn