[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian Squeeze USB installer crashes on my Asus 701 EEE PC.

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Mon Sep 13 22:58:21 UTC 2010

On 13/09/10 06:29 PM, Glyn Webster wrote:
> Okay, I've done that again. I downloaded daily builds of both files at
> the same time to be sure to have a matching set. I umounted the USB
> stick when Gnome auto-mounted it. I took out the stick after zcatting
> boot.img.gz to it (which I didn't do last time.) Gnome mounted it
> again, so I used that to copy the image onto it. The result looks
> right when it is mounted, but has the same sort of problem when I boot
> from it. Rows of little black dots at the top of the screen this time.

Huh.  Don't know what that's about.  I've never seen such a thing.  To
boot, are you pressing ESC and then selecting the USB stick to boot
from?  If so, are there two entries for it (as some U3 keys will show
you a 2nd entry if it emulates a CDROM)?  If so, try both?

> Does the USB stick have to special in any way? A fresh one from the
> shop with FAT32 still on it?

It will be stomped on by the zcat, so no, it doesn't matter what was on
it before that.

> P.S. Sorry that I overlooked your message yesterday.

No problem.

Ben