[Debian-ezgo-packaging] Debian ezgo pure blends TODO

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Mar 31 18:45:27 UTC 2014

Hi Franklin,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 11:36:24PM +0800, Franklin Weng wrote:

> > I would be *really* happy if you would spend some time to document this
> > in the Blends doc to make it understandable for a beginner since I
> > failed in the first place to document it at all and later failed in
> > explaining the difference between normal packages and tasks
> > metapackages.  A patch for the Blends documentation would be really
> > welcome.
>
> Sure, I'll try my best.  I've read several times to try to find where to
> modify or add.  In the current blends document there's no descriptions
> about control.stub, postinst.stub, …etc., and <blends>-<pkgs>.postinst.
> Maybe I have to add a new section?

Yes.  My bad to forget all this.  An apropriate section would be needed
and as I said I would be more than happy if you could provide a draft
patch.

> > Remark:  Since Git is not SVN you should not use the trunk/debian-ezgo
> > directory hierarchy in your Git repository.  May be you have a look into
> > Debian GIS or Debian Games repository to learn how the directory layout
> > is intended to be.
>
> Well, is trunk/branches structure  dedicated to svn?  I didn't think that
> much.  I kept trunk because ezgo will have a new version every year.  Trunk
> / branches structure may help to maintain each version.

But this is SVN-ish.  In Git you create branches via `git branch` and
there is no trunk but branch master.  I have never seen any directories
named trunk / branch in a Git repository.  I do not have any strong
opinion about this but other ezgo team members might consider this
weird.

> I'll look at other blends and think about it again.

+1

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--