[Debian-ezgo-packaging] Debian ezgo pure blends TODO

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Mon Mar 31 15:36:24 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

2014/3/31 下午8:51 於 "Andreas Tille" <andreas at an3as.eu> 寫道:

> Hi Franklin,
>
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 05:41:43PM +0800, Franklin Weng wrote:

> > (blend-installer-helper line 79),
> > and tasks/ only defines metapackages.  For newly created packages like
> > ezgo-artwork or ezgo-menu not in tasks/, I just used
$blend-$pkg.${prepost}
> > and it worked this time, without being removed.
>
> :-)
>
> I would be *really* happy if you would spend some time to document this
> in the Blends doc to make it understandable for a beginner since I
> failed in the first place to document it at all and later failed in
> explaining the difference between normal packages and tasks
> metapackages.  A patch for the Blends documentation would be really
> welcome.

Sure, I'll try my best.  I've read several times to try to find where to
modify or add.  In the current blends document there's no descriptions
about control.stub, postinst.stub, …etc., and <blends>-<pkgs>.postinst.
Maybe I have to add a new section?

> > I just pushed my fixes into ezgo git.
>
> Remark:  Since Git is not SVN you should not use the trunk/debian-ezgo
> directory hierarchy in your Git repository.  May be you have a look into
> Debian GIS or Debian Games repository to learn how the directory layout
> is intended to be.

Well, is trunk/branches structure  dedicated to svn?  I didn't think that
much.  I kept trunk because ezgo will have a new version every year.  Trunk
/ branches structure may help to maintain each version.

I'll look at other blends and think about it again.

Thanks,
Franklin