[Debian-ezgo-packaging] Debian ezgo pure blends TODO

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Mar 31 12:50:32 UTC 2014

Hi Franklin,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 05:41:43PM +0800, Franklin Weng wrote:

> I just took a look and found that, copying
> debian/$blend-$pkg.${prepost}.stub to debian/$blend-$pkg.${prepost} only
> works for packages listed under tasks/.

Yes.  This is what I tried to explain in my other mail about the tasks
metapackages and "normal" packages.

> (blend-installer-helper line 79),
> and tasks/ only defines metapackages.  For newly created packages like
> ezgo-artwork or ezgo-menu not in tasks/, I just used $blend-$pkg.${prepost}
> and it worked this time, without being removed.

:-)

I would be *really* happy if you would spend some time to document this
in the Blends doc to make it understandable for a beginner since I
failed in the first place to document it at all and later failed in
explaining the difference between normal packages and tasks
metapackages.  A patch for the Blends documentation would be really
welcome.

> I just pushed my fixes into ezgo git.

Remark:  Since Git is not SVN you should not use the trunk/debian-ezgo
directory hierarchy in your Git repository.  May be you have a look into
Debian GIS or Debian Games repository to learn how the directory layout
is intended to be.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--