MyRCS and translation-check.pl / Re: Updates to the italian translation of the flyer

Elena ``of Valhalla'' Grandi valhalla-d at trueelena.org
Thu Oct 5 07:21:52 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-05 at 03:46:51 +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> note to self:
> [...]
> git clone git+ssh://scm.alioth.debian.org//git/debian-flyers/debian-flyers.git
> git clone git+ssh://youraliothusername@scm.alioth.debian.org//git/debian-flyers/debian-flyers.git

personally I have:

Host scm.alioth.debian.org [and other aliases]
   User youraliothusername

in .ssh/config

so that I don't have to bother with writing the right username every
time I clone something

> Hrm, yes, this is currently an open issue.  This $Id thingie is parsed by
> translation-check.pl .  In march we converted from *cough* CVS to git, thanks
> to Laura.

Noticed in the log, and was *very* grateful to her :)

> CVS automagically updates the numbers after Id when one commits a
> change.  I believe www.debian.org is still maintained via CVS and IIRC Steve is
> working on converting that to git.  translation-check.pl is a private fork of
> the website translation check stuff.  There is work to do here; currently we
> have no automagic way to check up to dateness of our flyer translations...

Indeed, in git one can easily get the informations available in ``git
log -1 language.tex``, but they come with a date, not a proper version
number (and that is just the last change, which could be a trivial fix
and not a proper updating of the translation...

Also, I've tried to read translation-check.pl, but my knowledge of CSV
is pretty nonexistant, so I can't really understand where the version
number comes from: was it something autogenerated or was it something
entered by the users somehow?

> [...]
> Bottom line: for _now_, don't bother about MyRCS in italiano.tex.

ok, then I've pushed it as is

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''