MyRCS and translation-check.pl / Re: Updates to the italian translation of the flyer

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-debian-flyers-devel at mdcc.cx
Thu Oct 5 01:46:51 UTC 2017

Hi Elena,

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 07:34:40PM +0200, Elena ``of Valhalla'' Grandi wrote:
> Thanks to joostvb I now have access to the repo and pushed the social
> contract flyer

great, thanks!

note to self:

git clone https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/debian-flyers/debian-flyers.git
git clone git+ssh://scm.alioth.debian.org//git/debian-flyers/debian-flyers.git
git clone git+ssh://youraliothusername@scm.alioth.debian.org//git/debian-flyers/debian-flyers.git

> I still have a doubt about the italian translation of the main flyer:
>
> On 2017-10-03 at 19:14:18 +0200, Elena ``of Valhalla'' Grandi wrote:
> > I didn't know what to put in the MyRCS, so I've left it as is; I expect
> > it will have to be changed to reflect the update.
>
> Should I update the line:
>
> \def\MyRCS{\rcsInfo $Id: italiano.tex,v 1.13 2008/05/24 09:53:42 joostvb Exp $}
>
> to use the same version as the english version (the one I followed),
> i.e. 1.46?
>
> Also, should the date be the date when I updated the file, or the same
> as the english file?

Hrm, yes, this is currently an open issue.  This $Id thingie is parsed by
translation-check.pl .  In march we converted from *cough* CVS to git, thanks
to Laura.  CVS automagically updates the numbers after Id when one commits a
change.  I believe www.debian.org is still maintained via CVS and IIRC Steve is
working on converting that to git.  translation-check.pl is a private fork of
the website translation check stuff.  There is work to do here; currently we
have no automagic way to check up to dateness of our flyer translations...

Bottom line: for _now_, don't bother about MyRCS in italiano.tex.

Bye,

Joost