[Debian-ha-maintainers] [Ubuntu-ha] Patches for Corosyn and Openais

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Thu Jul 30 05:38:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 17:52 +0200, Ante Karamatić wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> Hopefully, not everybody is on the vacation :)

Just come back :)

> 1) Corosync
> In debian packages, until now, we had semi working init scripts.

I have a better suggestion. Why don't we look directly into upstream
init scripts mess and try to make a proper cross-distro init like we did
for cluster? corosync/openais is a lot simpler to do than cluster. I
believe almost any of you could do it.

> I've also extended debian/rules so that it patches before it configures
> the package and that it cleans the source before the (re)build. Some
> workarounds were needed for that, but nothing special.

Looks ok. The system was "ok" for the old crappy corosync build system.
Clearly it doesn't work the same with autotool*.

You could also consider patching -> mkdir debian/build && cd
debian/build && ../../configure ...

clean would be a lot simpler than touching local files in the tarball.

Also.. instead of calling make clean, change that to make distclean.

You can then drop the new rm -f line you just added.

> 2) OpenAIS
> OpenAIS needs to be cleaned after the build. As with corosync, I added
> some changes to debian/rules so that we don't upload architecture
> depended files within the source tarball or during rebuild of packages :/

Same as above....

Fabio