[Debian-handbook-translators] XML markup problems

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Tue Nov 13 08:04:08 UTC 2012

Raphael Hertzog, 2012-11-12 22:54:59 +0100 :

[...]

> Unfortunately the amount of mistakes in it-IT and pt-BR was very high. I
> believe that those translations teams should make sure to explain
> to contributors how XML is supposed to be translated.

My personal opinion is that this stems from editing XML stuff as
plain-text.  When we did the initial translation from French into
English, I wrote a set of scripts to allow working directly in XML, with
an XML-aware editor (Emacs, of course :-), automated validation, and the
*.po files were only generated if the *.xml files I had edited were
correct.  I'll try to unearth these scripts and make them more robust,
if this helps.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas