[Debian-handbook-translators] Translation work now targeting the wheezy book

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Dec 30 18:04:28 UTC 2013

Hello dear translators,

as you might have seen, we just released the wheezy version of the book.
It is thus time to concentrate the translation efforts on this updated
book.

I have done a last merge of the translations on weblate and keep it
disabled until Michal Cihar can update it to point to the wheezy/master
branch (instead of the current squeeze/master branch).

BTW Michal, I noticed twice that a merge happened on weblate's
squeeze/master branch. I thought that the current config was supposed
to forbid translators to request a pull. Bug or misconfiguration?

I have updated all the PO files with the new strings and here's the
current status of the various translations:

$ publican lang_stats --lang=all | sed -n -e '/^File Name/ p; /^Total/ p'| sort -u
File Name                                   Untranslated      Fuzzy Translated
Total for ar-MA                                   131906      14351      14327
Total for da-DK                                   159986        339        259
Total for de-DE                                    11320      49004     100260
Total for el-GR                                   157296       1313       1975
Total for es-ES                                    11320      47290     101974
Total for fa-IR                                   160559          0         24
Total for fr-FR                                        0          0     160584
Total for hr-HR                                   155790       2034       2760
Total for id-ID                                   139617       8129      12838
Total for it-IT                                    28871      44052      87661
Total for ja-JP                                   160303         22        259
Total for pl-PL                                   154751       2793       3040
Total for pt-BR                                    71632      34348      54604
Total for ro-RO                                   157638       1461       1485
Total for tr-TR                                   160552          0         32
Total for zh-CN                                   102533      17583      40468

There's lots of work ahead... I have used msgmerge --previous option to keep
around the old version of the original string (i.e. before it got marked as fuzzy)
in order to help you spot the changes. I don't know if weblate can use/display
this information in some ways... Michal ?

I would really like to see more translations reach the 100% mark for Wheezy.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. We can at least send a
call for help through the website and maybe on some Debian -l10n lists ?

As you can see, the French translation is almost done (by Roland and myself)
and will be announced later this month. It would be nice if some of the most
advanced translations (de-DE, es-ES) could catch up until then and be announced
at the same time... but I fear that this will be too difficult.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/