[Debian-handbook-translators] Norwegian Bokmål (nb) translation using Weblate?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri May 20 07:02:16 UTC 2016

Hi, Raphael.  Thank you for the heads up. :)

> So I merged your translation for the first time and there are many XML
> markup errors. I fixed a few of them hoping that there would be only a
> few of them... however it turns out there are more than I want to
> handle myself.

Right.  How do you fetch translations from weblate?  Is there a script I
could run to repeat the merge step?

> So please can you review the mistakes made by translators and learn
> them to not do them?

I'll have a look, and try to teach them how to avoid such mistakes when
we meet for a gathering next weekend.

> You can try to build the book from the sources to see the errors:
> $ publican build --langs=nb-NO --formats=txt
> [...]

I tried building, but the nb_NO po files in the git repo on
git.debian.org are empty, as far as I can tell.

> Most of them are XML tags that are not correctly written/copied.
> Or spurious copies, or two closing tags, etc.

We saw a few of them with the Debian Edu manual and my Free Culture book
too, so it is a known problem to me, where I normally would manually
clean up the typos before merging.

I notice weblate will detect at least some XML errors, so I went through
the ones I could find and fixed them.  Mostly <emphasis role = 'fordeling'>
and </ emphasis> issues.

[Raphael Hertzog]
> And obviously ensure that they are fixed in weblate for the next
> time. :)

We will do our best. :)

--
Happy hacking