[Debian-hebrew-common] BiDi UI packages (and sponsor needed)

Shachar Shemesh shachar at lingnu.com
Fri Aug 18 13:30:49 CEST 2006

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Lior Kaplan wrote:
>

>> 1. I imported your revised version to debian-hebrew repository for the
>> co-maintenance. Please do changes in the SVN, so they will be noticeable
>> to all.
>>

> Ok, I give up. Where's the SVN repository? Haven't been able to find it.
>
> I tried looking at the project's status page, home page, and on the
> alioth SSH server.

Ok, so I found it, but....

I don't like the directory layout.

The way I see it is this:

    * upstream - there is no need to place the explicit upstream version
      in our SVN. That's what upstream CVS exists for.
    * We cannot have a branch for every version we release. It makes
      checking out the tree a royal pain. That is, to me, one of the
      major downsides of the Subversion method.
    * Related to the point above - I usually place in the "tags" folder
      a single text file containing line, each with:
          o The name of the tag
          o The date of the tag
          o The repository revision when "trunk" was the revision I
            wanted tagged (or any other directory, but place a comment
            in the text file).

If you would care to explain the current layout (i.e. - where do I find
what), so that I can work with it, I would be much obliged.

Shachar
>> 3. (this is the major issue) copyrights and license:
>> The source doesn't specify the license, and the copyright holders aren't
>> clear at all. There's info about contributors in
>> source/tbird/install.rdf, which list more people than the copyright file.
>>

> Do you have any official Debian page explaining what needs to be done,
> so I can point the bidiui people to it?
>
> Thanks,
> Shachar

Shachar Shemesh