[Debian-in-workers] The story so far...

Jaldhar H. Vyas Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 01:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Guntupalli Karunakar wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:15:09 +0530
> Guntupalli Karunakar <karunakar@freedomink.org> wrote:

Hey you found us. :-)  I was going to announce this list on the Indlinux
list once we were a little further along.

> maybe a deb for all free indic opentype fonts can be made -
> Indlinux-hindi 0.73 release contains most of them (this will be
> updated in next week). all these fonts currently go in
> /usr/share/fonts/indic/OpenType . Its better to have all indic fonts
> in one place (ttf's only could go in /usr/share/fonts/indic/TrueType
> ), rather than scattered around.

The Bengali, Tamil, and Malayalam fonts have been packaged seperately
already.  ttf-indic fonts  will be a catch-all for the rest.  We could
combine them all into one big package if the maintainers agree but there's
no real point.

> > And here is stuff that needs further investigation:
> >
> > * Indian language packs for mozilla.  Are there any?
> >

> more info here
> http://www.indlinux.org/wiki/index.php?TamingTheDragon

> Anaconda is a better choice, in fact we had done the translation for
> Hindi for Redhat 8's version, so some incremental work I guess. I
> think Bengali also has been worked on.

Ok these are topics to investigate further.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>