[Debian-in-workers] Addition of fonts to the ttf-indic package

Soumyadip Modak soumyadip@softhome.net
Sun, 16 May 2004 23:53:02 +0530

Hi,
I'm maintaining the ttf-indic-fonts package. Recently I downloaded the
IndLinux tarball, and was going through the fonts section. I believe
there are a few fonts that are unavailable in Debian :
1> Raghu (This font is public domain, I'm not sure of the legalities
involved in including a font placed in the public domain)
2> Sampige
3> Pothana2000

There was no font that I could find for Oriya (there was a broken link
on the Oriya page at indlinux.org) and apparently Marathi shares the
Devnagari fonts.

Can I have permission to package the fonts in the ttf-indic-fonts
package? Are there any legalities involved, any special permissions to
be taken ?

Waiting for pointers

Thank you
--