[Debian-in-workers] Out of date Qt makes Indian languages totally unusable in Qt/KDE apps

Jaldhar H. Vyas Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org
Sat, 22 May 2004 23:26:06 -0400 (EDT)

Package: libqt3c102
Version: 3:3.2.3-2
Severity: grave

The version of qt3 currently in sarge/sid is broken with regard to Indian
language fonts.  This renders KDE entirely unusable for people who want to
read/write in Hindi, Bengali etc.  I had long suspected that this had been
fixed in a later Qt version.  Today I finally got some time to download
and compile Qt 3.3.2 which is the latest I could find on the Trolltech
site.  I made .debs from this using the existing debian packaging (minus a
couple of patches and apps which didn't work) and installed them along
with KDE 3.2.2.  After a restart of KDE, everything began to work
perfectly.

So please package Qt 3.3.2 as soon as possible.  If you are unable to do
so for some reason, let me know so I can do an NMU.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>