[Debian-in-workers] GNOME keyprop files

Guntupalli Karunakar karunakar@freedomink.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 15:02:07 +0530

On Mon, 24 May 2004 00:41:00 -0400 (EDT)
"Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org> wrote:

> Have they *.keyprop files in the milan 0.73 tarball been contributed
> back to GNOME?
>
> The reason I ask is I was going to make a debian package of them, as
> they are the last piece of milan not available in Debian.  Then I
> saw an announcement that GNOME 2.6.1 was finally about to hit
> unstable.  I thought if they were included there would be no point
> to package them but they aren't there.

 No they are not i think, I had contacted the gkb maintainer quite
some time back, he said since freeze is on he would do it in next
release, & I forgot to get back again.
 There are few more .keyprop's coming up for phonetic maps, maybe
those can also be put in.
they are available here
http://www.gnowledge.org/Data/Objects/kblayout
part of this package
http://www.gnowledge.org/Data/Objects/kblayout/keymaps.phonetic.tar.gz
Another thing I guess, is 2.6 is discontinuing with gkb and using
gswitchit or something else.

Regards,
Karunakar

--