[Indlinux-group] Re: [Debian-in-workers] GNOME keyprop files

Jaldhar H. Vyas Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@debian.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 11:22:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Guntupalli Karunakar wrote:

>  No they are not i think, I had contacted the gkb maintainer quite
> some time back, he said since freeze is on he would do it in next
> release, & I forgot to get back again.
>  There are few more .keyprop's coming up for phonetic maps, maybe
> those can also be put in.
> they are available here
> http://www.gnowledge.org/Data/Objects/kblayout
> part of this package
> http://www.gnowledge.org/Data/Objects/kblayout/keymaps.phonetic.tar.gz
> Another thing I guess, is 2.6 is discontinuing with gkb and using
> gswitchit or something else.

Rather than create a new package I decided it would be better to add the
files to the existing Debian gkb package.  I have filed a request for the
maintainer to include them and hopefully he will move quickly on this.

Personally I'm not too familiar with GNOME being a KDE man myself but
given the slow speed at which 2.6 is entering the distribution I think gkb
still has a future ahead of it.

Btw, gnowledge.org seems to be down so I didn't add the phonetic keymaps
but it's a good idea.  What crazy person invented Inscript anyway? :-)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>