Starting D-I translation effort for Bangla - step 1 (was: Re: [Debian-in-workers] Re: [DebianIndia] Debian-IN)

Baishampayan Ghose b.ghose at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:31:46 UTC 2005

Chris,
> Well, now everything is ready for us to start working on this.
Great! Let's rock.

> The new Debian Installer i18n documentation is now online:
> http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc/
> I recommend you to read chapter 3 (New Language Process) and champter
> 1 (Translating Debian Installer).
Fine. I will read it.

> We will from now go through the New Language Process described in
> chapter 3, for the Bengali language (I use "Bengali" here as this is
> the official name of the language, in English, according to ISO-639).
>
> The first step is: First contact with Debian Installer development
> team
Ok. Should I do it, or you'll do it on my behalf?

> As written in the documentation, "For this step to be considered
> complete, the Debian Installer i18n coordinators must have the real
> name and a reliable email address of at least one translator who must
> be an individual. This individual will be called the language
> coordinator for the given language. The name and contact address of an
> existing translation team as well as a backup coordinator are very
> valuable information to record at this step, but are not considered
> mandatory."
>

> So, I guess the language coordinator should be actually you, of
> course.
Yes :)

> Is "Baishampayan Ghose (b.ghose at gmail.com)" what I should record?
Yes. That's my real name and working email ID.

> Do you have a name/address of a backup coordinator/translator as well
> as a translation team to mention, which I could add here (not
> mandatory as mentioned)?
There are quite a few people already on this list who might be
interested in doing the bn_IN translation. If they are interested,
they'll certainly respond. As of now, I can't name anybody as I am yet
to hear from them on this regard.
Regards,
-bg-

--