[Debian-in-workers] [DebianIndia]

Nishant Sharma nishantsharma.in at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:13:08 UTC 2005

On 8/30/05, Christian Perrier <bubulle at kheops.frmug.org> wrote:
> > I would like to volunteer for translations in Hindi :-)

> this mailing list recently had a big thread with a future translator
> for Bangla going through all the steps needed to start the translation
> of Debian Installer, along with me (wearing my hat of Debian Installer
> i18n coordinator).
I'm also following the discussions related to Bangla on
debian-in-workers list. But as it's been only a week since I've joined
both the lists, I'm not able to understand it fully.

> For Hindi, Ravi Shrivastava has already contributed the translation of
> one half one the "level 1" strings. These probably need some
> review....and completion. Other levels can also be worked on.
It would be better for me to start with reviewing / editing as it will
take a little time for me to learn the intricacies / tools to be used
for translation. Could I request for a few references or resources
from where I can start.

> My suggestion would be dedicated this list to "general" discussion
> about Debian in India and all related problems while debian-in-workers
> is more dedicated to technical work, including translations.
I'm posting to Debian-in-workers also to continue discussions on that
list from now. Apologies for cross-posting.

> Anyway, it seems that all energies are currently convering to make
> Debian more widely support southern Asia languages and
> cultures....let's keep all this alive...:)
Yes - we will!

Cheers,
Nishant
--
How about some patent on "(a+b)2 = a2+2ab+b2". Choose free software!
http://www.nishants.net