[Debian-in-workers] Question about Sans/Serif aliases

Kartik Mistry kartik.mistry at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:23:11 UTC 2007

On 8/29/07, Arne Goetje <arne.goetje at canonical.com> wrote:
> > Or I misunderstood the idea ;) ?
> >
> No, you didn't. :)

:)

> Although, I planned to have one -core and one -extra package for each
> script... All core fonts in one package would mean the -extra packages
> depend on the -core package? Or how do we make sure that the fonts are
> not duplicate on the users' systems?

So, we will have ~24 binaries!
But, I am still not sure to create a package for only one font. This
really needs more discussion. Better idea is to have,
ttf-indic-fonts-core, which includes each language fonts (It could be
metapackage too, but let me check for it)

-extra should not depend on -core. We can put conflicts to avoid
duplicate files/fonts for users.

> Do Indian users usually install all Indic fonts, or only those for the
> language they speak?

Big question. I prefer to install all scripts I can read! It depends on user.

> If everyone agrees, do you want to do the change in the debian package
> first and I sync from there?

Lets not hurry. This is good idea, which needs some further discussion.

> Otherwise I would need a list of preferred fonts for each script in
> order to change the package in Ubuntu first.

You can also ask on ubuntu-in list. I prefer lohit-gujarati for
Gujarati. List, please give your vote!!

--
Cheers,