[Debian-in-workers] Can we upload a new version of ttf-indic-fonts?

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 18:12:54 UTC 2008

2008/6/28 Frans Pop <elendil at planet.nl>:
> If the font size changes (which IMO is a good thing), we will probably
> need to adjust the "font size correction" currently done in D-I by the
> gtk-set-font script in the rootskel-gtk package.
> Or does the "There is no change to the udeb" mean that the size for the
> font included in the udeb was not changed?

Yes. The font included in the udeb is not touched.

> Note that we _do_ currently increase the font size by 2 points in the
> installer: the default font size in the installer is 9, but for Indic
> languages we use 11. Having a better "standard size 9" for the font in
> the udeb would IMO be preferable in the long run.

I will discuss this with our font developers about this. Suresh and
Hiran (cced here) can talk about this issue.

> I also see that we currently don't actually set a font for Indic languages
> (like we do for some others), but that's probably OK.

I guess so. If there is a udeb with the indic font loaded, then it
will render correctly without specifying any font.

Cheers
Praveen

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍