[Debian-in-workers] Moving to Git and all

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:55:39 UTC 2011

Vasudev Kamath said on Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:14:10AM +0530,:

 > 1. lohit-kn [1] lohit-ml [2] and lohit-gu[3]  are already updated to
 > git repo and lohit-devangari is under progress
 > 2. lohit-bn and lohit-or packaging is under progress by Abdul Karim.
 > We have spotted the source file are missing the Makefile so Abdul is
 > going to patch them and provide same patch to upstream

Nice to hear this.

But, pardon my ignorance, what makefile for a font???

 > Important thing to note here is all these packages are built from
 > source using fontforge as per pkg-fonts policy. I encourage every one
 > to try these fonts and if you find any problem it can be reported
 > against fontforge package.

 >  Also I need suggestion on if its okay to make all lohit packages
 > as default for d-i?

+1

Will make the screens look uniform.

As an aside, I wish to point out that DroidSans fonts family is now in
Debian.  That is the default font for Android (for the Rip Van Winkles
amongst you, Android the Mobile operating system from Google). Some
guy has included / integrated the Lohit family into the DroidSans
Fallback font file. (file found on xda developers' forum. Will post
link if anybody wants.

Dunno impact of this in the typographical sense.

Any takers?  :-D

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
The next best thing to knowing something is to know where to find it.