[Debian-in-workers] Bugs in ttf-tamil-fonts

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 10:43:02 UTC 2011

Adding Free Tamil Computing group in CC for their comments.

IMO, there no reason to keep TsCU and Tamu fonts in package, since
they use ASCII font encoding(using ascii code points and tamil glyphs
for that). FTC has recently started some work on Thene, Thendral ,
Vaigai fonts and we can consider adding them to Tamil Fonts package.

The ELCOT font has licensing issues -
http://elcot.in/tamilfonts_download.php, may be FTC members can
clarify on that.

-Santhosh